Friday, September 14, 2007

Wow! And a little problem...

BRK actually gave me a little shout out today on his blog. I have to say, that's a really awesome thing to me. :) (Oh and TJ, don't kill me please! /cry /bow) I was really excited about it when I saw it. I'm really happy that I have a few fellow hunters to talk to and comment to/ reply to now. Making friends is always fun!

So some of my irl stuff has actually simmered down a bit, but I still have a few worries. Luckily I can actually take a little breather and play the game a bit so I'm not really too bad off. I really wanted to hit 70 pretty soon, so it'll help if I'm actually playing. :P That's quite a good thing don'tcha think? At any rate, I'm back to levelling.

So yeah, I just (I know, gag you with a spoon, I am a girly girl and I could not help myself...) downloaded this ui, and it takes up WAY WAY too much resources. I need to find a nice ui. I tried mazzle and loved it... but the problem with it is it just doesn't go with my resolution, so it makes every bit of text small. I can change the text in the chat pane but I have no idea how to change the text of everything else.

I like something along the lines of this ui, but I am unsure if I can get it to work right/look right, or that it doesn't take up a ridiculous amount of resources. My hello kitty ui crashed the game a few times, and it wasn't pretty. I use a lot of addons, so it's kinda bad when I crash when I'm fighting something and die. If anyone has any ideas for ui suggestions, let me know.

But at any rate, I'm going to attempt to try a few ui's that I see and see how it goes. Wish me luck! And by the way, thanks for the comments and I've added your blogs pike and gun bunny. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Naidia, and welcome to Blogsville :)

Yep, I got here via BRK's blog.

On the UI front, I don't care for pre-made UIs. At one time, long ago, I'd install compilations, but then I decided I like my own better. If you're interested in modifying your unit frames, X-Perl and Perl Classic (not the same at all) are popular.

An even more customizable unit frame add-on is Discord Unit Frames (DUF). NOTE: The link is the actual ZIP file.

These can take a lot of work--but when they're as customizable as these are, it's worth it!

Good luck, and I look forward to reading more here!

Kestrel

Anonymous said...

BRK has a UI recommendation listed in his sidebar, I was already using some of the items on my other toon's but I love the Hunter Timers and IMO it's a must have for any hunter. Discord as Kestrel said is great and allows a lot of customization (too much for my tastes) so I use Perl Classic unit frames. I don't do the pre-mades any more either. I would recommend FUBAR over Titan Panel though if you have limited resources, TP can be a bit more of a resource hog compared to FUBAR.